Giving is an important part of a relationship with Christ. We are asked to give of our time, our talents, and our treasures.
The Bible describes two types of giving: Tithes and Offerings.
Deuteronomy 14:22-23 “You shall surely tithe all the produce from what you sow, which comes out of the field every year. You shall eat in the presence of the Lord your God, at the place where He chooses to establish His name, the tithe of your grain, your new wine, your oil, and the firstborn of your herd and your flock, so that you may learn to fear the Lord your God always.”
Malachi 3:10 “Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in My house, and test Me now in this, says the Lord of hosts, if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you a blessing until it overflows.”
Why Should I Tithe?
1. Because it demonstrates that God is Lord of my life.
2. Because tithing reminds me that everything was given by God.
3. Because God expects me to use my income to do good.
4. Because tithing is an act of trusting God to provide for my needs.
2 Corinthians 9:10-11 “Now He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness.”
5. Because the kingdom of God is strengthened by my giving.
6. Because tithing reveals what is most important to me.
Matthew 6:19-21 “for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”
7. Because giving reflects the character of God.
What are offerings? An offering is anything we give after we have given the tithe.
In order to make it more convenient to give, Calvary now offers an online giving option through PayPal. If you do not have an account, you will be asked to set one up. Don’t worry, it’s FREE and EASY!